Wednesday, January 16, 2008

UICT Team Trek to Ahupe Mountains - I

Trek to Ahupe mountains...( original write up by Shanti M Shenoy ...30 Nov 2007 )

Yet another trek pic..gets uploaded…he he…this is the trek to AHUPE GHAT…oooh ooooh..every tm we decided on going here..there hd to be some probs…but ultimately we hv conquered it….nd nw have only EVERLASTING memories left with us…first tm whn I am sitting to write I dnt knw where to start…I cn write volumes I guess….to cut the long story short….AHUPE is really a plc with scenic beauty….when we reached the top…I felt as if we hd entered into a fairytail…where those beautiful yellow and pink flowers admist the green grass ..those dragonflies and butterflies all around…the clouds so low that u feel u r in a plane…..and when u look down..the earth looked as if it was covered with a carpet of light nd dark green patch work…..nd we sitting on the top of the mountain r the rulers of the world…..ha ha..this is the first tm when I reached the top I did nt feel like screaming..but jst sitting and capturing every little detail I cld..see…and then tantadan…I guess every thing that happened on this trek was unplanned..which makes it so special..we gt late while coming down..it started getting dark….and wht was so lovely was tht we all were there supporting each other..helping each other come down..as most of us wr tripping while coming down….tht unity was wonderful….pratik nd sushant always kept our spirits high by keeping the atmosphere lt by cracking jokes, ninad ,mukesh, vishal discussed which way we shd take…..vinni, arundhati,disha and I were like sisters..always concerned how the other one was..and helping each other get down...ninads direction sense helped us a lot…but the hero was dewang ha ha..whose TATA INDICOM mobile caught network and we all called up our parents to say that we hv to spend the night here at the ahupe base and will return next morn…..ooh then it was fun time again..it felt like all the tension hd vanished once our parents kn we were safe..as we did nt wnt thm to wry….thn we found a safe spot near the stream .and settled down…even thought the place was safe..one of us was always awake keeping a watch……then came a time..when every one slept off and only I kept awake…..i guess I hv nvr enjoyed silence so much..the sound of the stream…the stary night..wow I enjoyed it…and was thanking the AHUPE that I cld see standing firm and still looking majestic surrounded by clouds in the dark…even though no one was awake I knw all my friends were near me and tht felt nice….i hd mixed feeling I was feeling alone too..as hd no one to talk with bt did nt feel like waking up anyone…he he…so I waited patiently tl it was 6.05 and then woke up everyboby…..wow then we all screamt out aloud…..when we started walking within 50 steps there was the gaon and people…he he…but at tht tm it never mattered..as we had hd so much fun staying , jst before leaving I turned nd tht last look of AHUPE was sooo..i cant express…I was feeling like the story is come to an end….i actually saluted AHUPE in my mind..nd thanked it tht we were all returning hm safe and happy……………………………………………………………………….
Thanks to pratik..cause of whome we hv we r a part of the treks tht they used to go previously,vishal,ninad,mukesh who hv become close to us and consider thm as classmates in such a short span of tm, vinni,aru,disha..without whom my trek is incomplete..galli who cld nt make it this tm has always been an inseparable part too.missed u galli, sushant who was like an overcharged battery and it was commendable the way he always cheered us up…dewang the silent pillar…who kept his composure in times of worry.and deraj our new entryhe he..who was sadly unwell during the trek..

I hv never enjoyed coll life so much…I WISH this yr wld never end…but sady all good thing hv to come to an end……THREE CHEERS TO OUR FRIENDSHIP…and TREKKING……







4 comments:

Simply madhur! said...

I m sorry for u...
U wil always ignite our ways...

SuShAnT said...

wo yaroki mehfil,wo muskurate huye pal ,dil se juda hai apna bita hua kal. kabhi zindagi guzarti thi hasne hasaane me,aaj waqt guzarta hai purani yaadome dil bhelane me.......


most Beautiful day of our life.....

Sushant said...

he shanti....., i dont know where are you but i know ur definately happy with ur smily face........................
we miss u dear friend

SuShAnT said...

he shanti....., i dont know where are you but i know ur definately happy with ur smily face........................
we miss u dear friend